[SI-LIST] signal source distribution and jitter question

  • From: C Deibele <deibele@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Si-List Si-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:34:56 -0500

Hi,

I have a problem to solve, and am looking for a few pointers to help.

I need to generate several frequencies and keep them locked together.
The frequencies need to be stable -- which is to say to keep the jitter
of each signal minimally low...on the order of a fraction of a picosecond.

The frequencies I need to generate are the following:
2.5 MHz,
50 MHz,
350 MHz,
400 MHz,
750 MHz, &
800 MHz.

I need sinusoids.  I am nervous about the rather tight constraints on
the jitter.  Most of the parts I've used are circa 5 psecs of jitter.
Does anyone have any pointers or perhaps a special part that can
handle this constraint?

thanks,

Craig Deibele

List archives are viewable at: