[SI-LIST] Re: signal source distribution and jitter question

  • From: C Deibele <deibele@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Bill Dempsey <BDempsey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,Si-List Si-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:09:48 -0500

Bill,

I used a TEK 8000 series scope to measure the jitter...and could
measure to around 0.5 psecs of RMS.  TEK claims their scope is good
to .5 psecs...

And I know that this is a tough requirement.  Clean is the keyword.
I am curious if anyone has had this experience.  We are even considering
using batteries as the power supply to ensure we don't get anything from
the supply getting into the system.

I've heard of crystals w/ low jitter ... sub picosecond ... and using
it as a reference.  In fact, I've measured sub 3 psecs on the "peppermint
board."

So, this is pushing the limit a bit, but something has to be available.

Thanks for your comments!

Craig

List archives are viewable at: