[SI-LIST] Re: s2ibis2 utility

  • From: "Ambrish Varma" <akvarma@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jim freeman'" <kacief@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:15:10 -0500

Hi Jim,
Well, the last version of the tool was written in C and Lex and Yacc
(Flex and Bison). This version is completely in Java.
I would have written it in Perl - but to write such a huge program in
Perl is not just messy but informal.
The other reasons were that at some point in time we would like to have
a GUI with this utility - and Java backend would be useful when we are
ready to write the GUI.
Of course there are other issues such as platform independence and ease
to write and OO.
Regards,
Ambrish

Ambrish K Varma