[SI-LIST] s2ibis2 extreme currents

  • From: "Eric Steimle" <steimle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:55:54 -0400

I've been trying for a few weeks to get some decent IBIS models from our
hspice decks.  I'm working on a single tristate driver, with 3.3V I/O
and 1.8V core.  I finally have something that looks reasonable but when
running it through the golden parser (actually Hyperlynx's Visual IBIS
editor check),  I get "Extreme currents present in TYP GND_Clamp VI
Curve" messages.  Now I look in the file and I see the extreme currents
start at around 3.7V in the pullup section and around -0.9V in the
GND_CLAMP section.   These currents are in the 70A and -90 Amp and
higher ranges respectively

Does anyone have any experience with these kind of results?  Am I doing
something wrong or is this something I'm supposed to know to fix
manually?  I'm a little new at this model conversion stuff so any advice
would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Eric

List FAQ wiki page is located at: