[SI-LIST] Re: purpose of 8b/10b encoding

  • From: "zanella, fabrizio" <zanella_fabrizio@xxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 21:38:53 -0400

We've been using serdes devices with 8b/10b encoding and phase locked loops,
and have found the PLLs to be very sensitive to low frequency noise (<2MHz)
at low VCC.  Does anyone know if devices which use DLLs (delay locked loops)
are less sensitive to low frequency noise?
thanks,

Fabrizio Zanella
Signal Integrity
EMC Corporation