[SI-LIST] Re: off-diagonal resistance and conductanceelements

  • From: "Neeraj Pendse" <cnepsc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:32:55 -0800

Patrick:
Thanks for the clarification on that, yes this can be confusing. When I
said "self capacitance", I meant capacitance of conductor to ground
only. Even that capacitance will change if neighboring conductors are
deleted or changed - because fringing electric fields are changed.

Regarding self inductance, even if LOOP inductance is under
consideration, nothing matters as much as the relative location of the
ground path.

Anshuli:
If you are looking at an output from a EM calculator, then you should
ascertain with the technical documentation what is the definition of ALL
elements ... different simulators do this differently as Ray and others
have been pointing out.

--
National Semiconductor Corporation
2900 Semiconductor Drive, M/S 19-100