[SI-LIST] Re: off-diagonal resistance and conductanceelements

  • From: "Neeraj Pendse" <cnepsc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:07:45 -0800

Hi Tony,

Depends. If the L matrix is "partial inductance", then - to the first
order -  the self inductance will not change even if the coupling did
not exists. If however the inductances are "loop inductances" then the
change in coupling will change the on-diagonal numbers.

With C, if the on-diagonal elements are SELF (not BULK), then the
on-diagonal element will change if the coupling conductors were removed
while not disturbing the ground reference.

-Neeraj

--
National Semiconductor Corporation
2900 Semiconductor Drive, M/S 19-100