[SI-LIST] Re: list etiquett

  • From: "Matthias Mansfeld" <m.mansfeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:41:28 +0100

On 12 Feb 2008 at 9:37, David Instone wrote:

I see ONE little (maybe helpful, maybe dangerous) option what the
list owner could do:
By default, the reply-to seems to be set to the original sender of
the mails, thus, a "well configured" out-of-office-autoresponder will
send it directly to the list.

If the reply-to would set to the list address, these out-of-office-
mails would go mostly directly back to the list and must be filtered
by the listserver itself (necessary for survival - without any
filtering this would end up with a lovely mail-loop).

Means also, the list members must change their way how to answer.
Currently they have to set manually the list address if the reply is
for the complete list, after this change the replies would go by
default to the whole list.

--
Matthias Mansfeld Elektronik * Leiterplattenlayout
Neithardtstr. 3, 85540 Haar; Tel.: 089/4620 093-7, Fax: -8

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: