[SI-LIST] Re: ibis-ami models clarification.

  • From: Todd Westerhoff <twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "kbmanick@xxxxxxxxx" <kbmanick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 06:19:58 -0400 (EDT)

Bala,
What you have been provided is not a compliant IBIS-AMI model.

AMI files use a different syntax than the .ibs file because they are one to one
associated with algorithmic models and serve a different purpose than the .ibs
file. We created a syntax that is better suited to describing the algorithmic
model, and it didn't make sense to include it in the .ibs file.

Todd.

--

Todd Westerhoff
VP, Software Products

“I want to live like that"
                                             -Sidewalk Prophets

On Mar 28, 2013, at 2:31 AM, Balamanikandan K <kbmanick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1.
> IBIS-Ami Models consists of 3 portions all of which must be provided by the
> vendor.
>
> 1) Analog models for the transmitter and receiver (IBIS format)
>
> 2) Compiled Algorithmic models (the DLL library for Windows, or SO library
> for Linux/Unix)
>
> 3) A parameter file (.ami) for the algorithmic models
>
> But I have a file from a vendor. Name of the folder contains ibis-ami.
>
> But the folder contains spice files, AMI files and dll files. It does not
> contain a file with ibs extension.
>
> Is this an ibis-ami file? If spice file are available what is the purpose
> of ami file here? Please explain.
>

> 2. I know that AMI models define device parameters such as pre-emphasis and
> equalization that standard IBIS buffer models cannot.
>
> But, in an ibis model (not ibis-AMI model) Rise on delay, rise off delay,
> fall on delay, fall off delay are mentioned for the driver to handle pre
> emphasis.
>
> What way this ibis model differs from ibis-ami model?
>
> In ibis-ami model, Why are the ami models not integrated into the  ibis
> file itself?
>
> Please clarify me and *refer me an application note to understand.*
>

> --
> Best Regards,
> Balamanikandan.K

> List forum  is accessible at: