[SI-LIST] ibis-ami models clarification.

  • From: Balamanikandan K <kbmanick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 11:58:40 +0530

1.
IBIS-Ami Models consists of 3 portions all of which must be provided by the
vendor.

1) Analog models for the transmitter and receiver (IBIS format)

2) Compiled Algorithmic models (the DLL library for Windows, or SO library
for Linux/Unix)

3) A parameter file (.ami) for the algorithmic models

But I have a file from a vendor. Name of the folder contains ibis-ami.

But the folder contains spice files, AMI files and dll files. It does not
contain a file with ibs extension.

Is this an ibis-ami file? If spice file are available what is the purpose
of ami file here? Please explain.

2. I know that AMI models define device parameters such as pre-emphasis and
equalization that standard IBIS buffer models cannot.

But, in an ibis model (not ibis-AMI model) Rise on delay, rise off delay,
fall on delay, fall off delay are mentioned for the driver to handle pre
emphasis.

What way this ibis model differs from ibis-ami model?

In ibis-ami model, Why are the ami models not integrated into the  ibis
file itself?

Please clarify me and *refer me an application note to understand.*

--
Best Regards,
Balamanikandan.K

List forum  is accessible at: