[SI-LIST] Re: fiber-weave effect alive and well?

  • From: "Lee Ritchey" <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "agathon" <hreidmarkailen@xxxxxxxxx>, "si-list" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:00:08 -0700

This material called FR408 is a broad class of materials made with all of
the glass weave styles I show in my second book.  The weave styles that are
responisble for the nasty jitter and varying velocity are 106 and 1080,
both of which have been sthe subject of studies that resulted in at least
one patent and the push to route traces at odd angles.  When a uniform
weave, such as 3313 is used, this problem goes away.  I wrote about it in
my April Circuitree columnm.

Unfotunately, Rogers 4350 uses 1080 glass reinforcement.  Wish they used
3313!

Lee

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net