[SI-LIST] Re: equivalent circuit spice model for LeCroy D600ST differential probe

  • From: Nobuyuki Kunito <kunito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cristian.gozzi@xxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 09:49:04 +0900

Cristian,

I have D600ST and am using the probe for measuring high-speed serial link.

To measure the LVDS signal that you are interested in, it is not
possible using only D600ST.
You should choose the probe tip that explain the pdf file below. There
are on page 16. On that page many accessories for D610/620.
http://cdn.teledynelecroy.com/files/pdf/lecroy_oscilloscope_probe_catalog.pdf

On that page, there are no D600ST, but D601 or D620 has close
characteristics.

For old D600ST, the probe tips that we can use are;
-SI (Solder In)
It can be soldered directly to the points that you want to measure.)
-QC (Quick Connect)
You should solder two small pumping resistors (it is 56 ohm) that you
want to measure and you can connect the -QC tips and measure the waveforms.
-SP (Square PIN)
 You should solder a header pin that has 2.54mm spacing at the point
that you want to measure and put -SP tip into the header pin.

Which probe tip do you want to use measuring and/or simulating ?

And for simulation, you should choose which probe tip will be used and
get the equivalent circuit for the probe tip that you choose.

I think the equivalent circuit for each probe tip are on the D600ST
manual. Unfortunately, I cannot find the manual in may Lab. But if you
are using the D600ST now, please check the manual of D600ST.

You can find the equivalent circuit for probe tip that you want to use
on the manual and put the equivalent circuit for the simulation (SPICE,
I think) Program.

You can get the manual for new WaveLink Probe the link below and find
some equivalent circuits for some probe tips, but for old D600ST is not
there.

http://cdn.teledynelecroy.com/files/manuals/wl6g-om-e_revd.pdf

But I think as a first step, you may use the equivalent circuits of -SI
or -QC or -SP, and put these into the simulation.

For more info, please contact LeCroy (now Teledyne LeCroy).

Regards,
Nobuyuki Kunito
The president of Debug Lab.
http://debuglab.jp/
Sorry Japanese only. English page will be coming soon.

 (2013/02/08 21:54), Cristian Gozzi wrote:
> Hi folks
> I have to make a simulation vs measurement correlation for LVDS channel
> (EYE Diagram)
>
> I`m wondering how to properly model the HF LeCroy differential probes
> (LeCroy D600ST)
>
> http://www.trs-rentelco.com/Specification/LEC_WL600_Spec.pdf
>
> I tried to take a look in Internet, but still have not found anything
> useful.
>
> I think I should have to put a 100ohm differential load and some smal cap
> (around 1pF or even less) at positive and negative terminal...
>
> do you have any suggestion?
>
> thanks a lot in advance
>
> Regards
>
> *Cristian Gozzi, M.Sc*