[SI-LIST] Re: de-embedding fixture

  • From: "Al Neves" <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Kevin Li'" <swagguy10@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 07:36:54 -0700

Kevin,

Your options are to calibrate out the differential symmetric fixture using
Unknown THRU (also called SOLR I believe), Automatic Fixture Removal (AFR,
Agilent specific released this last year, discussed in Tutorial by Mike
Resso, Eric Bogatin in Test/Measurement track DesignCon) TRL/LRM calibration
(version depends on coupling, whether it is multi mode or not), and T-matrix
de-embedding.

Tektronix has a patented Symmetrical, but I don't think it is commercially
available.   Also, I don't know where this stands but Ultimetrix had a cal
they were promoting some time back.

On all of the calibration approaches we are using Simbeor2012 to analyze
passivity/causality issues also of the final DUT data.

Data/Memory on the Agilent platform only algebraically operates on one
value, doesn't de-embed or calibrate out fixture for full S-parameter
description of the fixture.

We have data for one of our Channel Modeling Platforms that I can share with
you offline if that will help.

Products for the Signal Integrity Practitioner

Wild River Technology LLC

Alfred P. Neves
Founder - Engineer - Business Development
 (503) 718 7172 Office
(503) 679 2429 Mobile
735 South East 16th Ave.
Hillsboro, OR 97123