[SI-LIST] Re: crystal input

  • From: vinod ah <ah.vinod@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tanxiaoliang1987@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 09:12:53 +0530

Hi Xiaoliang,

What the data sheet is trying to say is, use a oscillator, but not
crystal. The terminology "crystal" is so commonly used, that
oscillator and crystal are interchangeably used in few data sheets.

Also few chips might accept both crystal input as well as oscillator
input. In case of oscillator input, Xout pin of the chip will asked to
be grounded/pulled down.

Regards
Vinod A H

On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 7:16 AM, XiaoLiang Tan
<tanxiaoliang1987@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, Li Hui,
>       Thanks. Yes, I am a Phd student. But this is the first time I do
> testing. Thus I have a lot of unknowns. Thanks.
> Xiaoliang
>
> On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Li Hui <lihuizju@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> hi liang,
>>     You can't do that, or the crystal would not oscillate. There are
>> single output crystals such as VCO(voltage control oscillator) . If
>> possible, you'd better ask your chip vendor to give you verified part
>> number of crystal.
>>     BTW, you are a student, but not an EE guy, right?
>>
>> XiaoLiang Tan <tanxiaoliang1987@xxxxxxxxx>编写:
>>
>> >Dear Experts,
>> >       I am using a clock generator chip which accepts single ended
>> crystal
>> >input. Since the crystal in the market have two outputs. So may I know
>> that
>> >whether I could connected another output end to ground?
>> >       Will it affect the frequency?
>> >       Thanks and happy new year.
>> >--
>> >Best Regards

>> >or to administer your membership from a web page, go to:
>> >//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list
>> >
>> >For help:
>> >si-list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'help' in the Subject field
>> >

>> >List forum  is accessible at:
>> >
>> >List archives are viewable at:
>> >               //www.freelists.org/archives/si-list
>> >
>> >Old (prior to June 6, 2001) list archives are viewable at:
>> >               http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu
>> >

> --
> Best Regards

> List forum  is accessible at: