[SI-LIST] Re: coaxial cable?

  • From: "Lewandowski, Bob" <blewandowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brent.dewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 14:50:07 -0500

I haven't used the Pasternack variety, but Belden's "Conformable Coax",
and Tensolite's "Q-Flex" work quite well.  It is more fragile than the
copper clad semi-rigid variety.  It is also much easier to use.
Multiple bends at the same location, i.e., near a connector, or near an
attachment point, will cause the tin coating to begin to fail and
degrade the electrical performance.  With that caveat in mind the stuff
is great.

---Bob Lewandowski
   Stratos Lightwave

List archives are viewable at: