[SI-LIST] Re: chassis ground connections

  • From: daniel.bauer16@xxxxxx
  • To: olaney@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 09:07:31 +0100

>These two techniques are
>most applicable where there is no isolation from the power line or there
>are other reasons for floating PCB ground with respect to earth ground

that means, if the power and ground is isolated by an dc-dc converter it makes
not really much sence to connect both grounds via an huge resistor.

>A direct metallic connection is the best from the standpoint of EMI control.

and the use of capacitors will provide more ESD EMC protection (suggested from
many application notes for ethernet connections). I will try to use capacitors
with very low impedance (< 100mOhm) at all connectors... (together with an
option for zero ohm resistors).