[SI-LIST] Re: accuracy of ICX

  • From: Javier del Valle <jvalle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'gregory.heiler@xxxxxxxxx'" <gregory.heiler@xxxxxxxxx>,imsong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 10:07:21 +0100

Hello,

Is it possible to use ICX with mentor expedition PCB or do I need board
station?. I would appreciate if someone could explain me the difference
between these software packs and, also tell me if it is possible to use ICX
with other PCB design tools from Cadence or Zuken. Anyone is using Tau from
Mentor? any opinion?

Thanks a lot and Best regards,

Javi

From: Gregory N Heiler

We have been using ICX for several years and routinely do lab verification
and correlation work.  A majority of the time the waveforms match up fairly
well. Occasionally they don't and we usually track it down to model
problems. Most of this work to date has been for >=1ns edge rates and <=
100MHz clocks.  We have some more complex design work underway but
correlation work won't happen for a while.

We have not completed any xtalk correlation work yet.

We're are currently in the  middle of an effort to understand a lack of
agreement on a complex ,center terminated, star topology. Naturally, it's
either models, simulator, measurement technique or other design factors
influencing performance. This one is going to take some effort to resolve.

Regards;

Greg

"Inmyung Song" <imsong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>@freelists.org on 02/21/2002 07:18:46
PM

Please respond to imsong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:  si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:   <sunilb@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc:
Subject:  [SI-LIST] Re: accuracy of ICX

I think that is not reasonable.
I am using ICX for about 3 years and have got the same question.
But now, the equipment such as oscillosope, network analyzer is not
believable.
For example, the pcb manufacturers are sure that as the Impedance TDR, the
Impedance value is not same with TDR vendors.

As a result, which one is better between physical prototype and virtual
prototype.

I don't know more but I am preparing the comparison oscillosope's waveform
and probing result in ICX.

Good luck.

Inmyung Song.