[SI-LIST] Re: a problem about PLL bypass

  • From: Yehuda Yizraeli <yehuday@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'luhaizhao@xxxxxxxxxx'" <luhaizhao@xxxxxxxxxx>,si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:41:49 +0300

Hi Sean Lu,

The resistor cause phase shift from zero frequency while the ferrite bead is
high frequency element. While trying to boot, the power supply inject
antiphase voltage spikes into the oscillator and it stops. The use of the
resistor cause the phase shift (at any frequency!!), thus moving the startup
and the stop noise from each-other.

Hope it helps.

BTW, checking oscillator current should demonstrate very low power which
means no drastic IR on it.

Regards, yehuda