[SI-LIST] a problem about PLL bypass

  • From: lu Haizhao <luhaizhao@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:30:37 +0800

Hi,all

   In the Motolola's telecom controller XPC8260-200MHz's handbook,the
PLL bypass circuit is the following:

       VDD          _____
       -------------|____|-----------------------VCCSYN
                      R      |            |
                            ___          ___
                            ___ 10uF     ___ 0.1uF
                             |            |
                             |____________|

                                   GND

    the R is 10 Ohm.
    In the board,I use a ferrite bead instead of a resistance.This
ferrite bead has a resistance of 0.01 Ohm in steady current,and 60 Ohm
in 100MHz.
    the problem is when the board is under -5=A1=E6 to =
-30=A1=E6=A3=ACsometime the
8260 can not boot up normally or can not boot up.and if you use a
resistance,not a ferrite bead,the problem will disappear.
    Can someone tell me the cause? Thanks!

Regards,

Sean Lu
Huawei Technologies co.,Ltd=20