[SI-LIST] Re: Waveform edge ringing

  • From: Conrad Herse <conrad.herse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wolfgang.maichen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 13:07:43 -0600

Hitesh,

I agree with Wolfgang that the device datasheet *should* have
fundamental information like setup/hold times. Generic setup and hold
time requirements for the PCI bus are also specified in the PCI spec.
One other thing to watch out for is the under/overshoot specs. Some
commercial devices are PCI compatible, but not PCI compliant, meaning
they don't meet all the PCI specs. I've encountered devices which don't
tolerate the PCI under/overshoot requirements stated in the PCI spec.

Conrad

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: