[SI-LIST] VIA STUB and ANTIPAD

  • From: Newbie Pugal <pugal8686@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 09:27:16 +0530 (IST)

Hi All,
I have two questions for you all,

1) Instead of backdrilling can we reduce the via stub by changing the routing
layer near to the bottom layers? say we have 16 layer board and signals are
routed in layer 4, instead of backdrilling from bottom to layer 5 shall we
change the signal routing to layer 14 or 15? How much impact it will create on
high speed signals with difference to backdrilling? does the long via create
inductance effect?

2) It is mentioned to enlarge the antipad size of signal via for better signal
quality, why?

Thanks
Pugal

List technical documents are available at: