[SI-LIST] Re: Transmission line capacitance

  • From: "Peterson, James F (EHCOE)" <james.f.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rahul kumar" <rahul05kumar@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 08:11:48 -0400

Regarding Rahul's point #1 below:

I'm stating the obvious here, so pardon me, but you can't go adding up
the total capacitance of a t-line, if placed in between each capacitor
in your equivalent t-line model is an inductor.

I suggest reading a good book on transmission lines. (t-lines are
amazing.)

Regards,
Jim
Honeywell

> Hello all,
> Thanks for the reply, i understood it. One more related point to
clearify .

> I am doing IO driver simulation running at frerquency less that 250
> Mhz . Capacitive load at farend is given equal to 4pF along with
> txline of 3cm. (Z0 = 50, Co = 1.5pF / Cm , Td = 60pS / cm )
>
> 1. Can i take equivalent capacitance to 4pF + (1.5pF *3) = 8.5pF for
> my first order IO calculations. ( Transitions ) .
>
> 2. I am taking ELDO ( simulator ) lossless txline model which takes
Z0

<rahul05kumar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Hello all,
>>> I have seen in standards quoting transmission line capacitance
equal to
>>> 1.5pF per cm . How this number is calculated?
>>> Is this value frequency dependent? transition dependent ?
>>>
>>> Kindly help.
>>> Suggest link to know more information about the same.
>>>
>>> Thanks

field

>>> //www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list
>>>
>>> For help:
>>>

>>> List technical documents are available at:
>>>                http://www.si-list.net
>>>
>>> List archives are viewable at:
>>>                //www.freelists.org/archives/si-list
>>> or at our remote archives:
>>>                http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu

field

> List technical documents are available at:
>                 http://www.si-list.net
>
> List archives are viewable at:

Steve Weir
IPBLOX, LLC
150 N. Center St. #211
Reno, NV 89501
(866) 675-4630 Business
(707) 780-1951 Fax
http://www.ipblox.com
A Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC Partner

Teraspeed Consulting Group
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

Teraspeed Labs
13610 SW Harness Lane
Beaverton, OR 970
08
(503) 430-1065 Business
(503) 430-1285 Fax
A Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC Partner

http://www.teraspeed.com

This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential intellectual property
of IPBLOX LLC

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: