[SI-LIST] Re: Touchstone vs. "txt" file output

  • From: "Yuriy Shlepnev" <shlepnev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Ralph Wilson'" <wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 15:56:13 -0700

Hi Ralph,

Take a look into the generated Touchstone file - most likely it is written
in the original Touchstone format that does not support the mixed-mode
S-parameters. Mixed mode requires different normalization impedances for
differential, common and single-ended ports that is supported only by the
new Touchstone version 2.0.
After reading data from the older Touchstone file with the single-ended
S-parameters, you have to transform them into the mixed-mode to see SDD11 or
SDD12. Free software Simbeor 2008.01 L0 can help you to do such
transformations and in addition to estimate quality of the computed
S-parameters (passivity, causality, reciprocity, symmetry). The software is
available at
www.simberian.com/Downloads.php (requires registration).

Best regards,
Yuriy Shlepnev