[SI-LIST] Re: Timing equations - help

  • From: "Andrew Ingraham" <a.ingraham@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 11:36:19 -0400

Kranthi,

My opinion:

Forget the positive or negative skew.  Forget whether some equations add or
subtract the numbers.  Draw yourself a timing diagram.  Figure it out from
the diagram.

If you show everything on diagrams, you should always get the correct
answers, and you will understand in your head how you got them.  Equations
are no good if you use them blindly.

In order to do this, you do need to understand exactly what the clock skew
numbers are measuring.  If your clocks are intentionally offset from one
another, then part of the skew number might be this intentional offset and
part of it is the variance on top of that.  Make sure you know where every
number comes from and what it means.

Regards,
Andy

> I have a doubt in timing equations for calculating the setup and hold
> margins.i referred few documents but, were very confusing and so I did
> not have another option other than posting it on this group.

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: