[SI-LIST] Re: TO define the "Preemphasis"

  • From: "Sandor Daranyi" <sandord@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 09:39:07 +1000

There is something about that Xilinx text (it can be found at=20
http://www.xilinx.com/publications/products/v2pro/handbook/ug012_glossary.p=
df) which left me thinking.

The thing that puzzles me is that they specifically mention dispersion.  No=
w, I understand how pre-ephasis will help in the presence of all the othe=
r effects mentioned, but how can pre-emphasis "magically" counter dispers=
ion?

Could somebody please share his/her insight into this?

Thanks,

Sandor

---
Sandor Daranyi
Senior Design Engineer
Aristocrat Technologies Australia Pty Limited

List archives are viewable at: