[SI-LIST] Re: TEM approximation

  • From: Chris Cheng <chris.cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'steven.corey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <steven.corey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:52:55 -0700

Noop, BTDT. Any TEM approximation will be way off. Especially when you
calculate crosstalk, impedance and prop delay (if the mesh is uniformly
defined). I am talking about 50%-200% error. If you don't believe me, try it
yourself.

BTW, this is a well known problem. IBM engineers realise this way back when
they design the TCM modules for their mainframe. Albert Ruehli's PEEC method
works great on these problems.