[SI-LIST] Re: Spreading Inductance

  • From: "Sirisha Godavarthy" <Sirisha.Godavarthy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Tim.J.Nash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "silist" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 18:27:44 +0530

Hi Tim,
I got some info regarding spreading inductance.
Hope it helps.

Plane spreading inductance:

- L of PLANE_CAVITY =3D u0 / 2=F0 * H * (( ln( R2/R1 ) * KPERF ) +
ln( R3/R2 ))
- u0 =3D 31.9nH/square
- H =3D cavity height
- R3 =3D radius from die center to bypass cap ring
- R2 =3D radius from die center to via field edge
- R1 =3D radius from die center to pkg power / ground attachments.
- KPERF scaling factor for perforation in via field
* For perforations small compared to wavelength area ratio

Thanks&Regards,
Sirisha.

Thanks&Regards,
Sirisha.