[SI-LIST] Re: Spreading Inductance

  • From: "Hill, John" <John.Hill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Peterson, James F \(EHCOE\)" <james.f.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>, "silist" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:30:26 -0400

Jim,

It does in the far field as it radiates in a spherical wave front away
from a source, but not in a loss-less transmission line. I look at the
planes as two dimensional transmission lines. As the wave hits the open
discontinuity at the edge it will reflect off the open. This will cause
various resonance structures to be formed. This gives us insight into
how a Patch antenna works. However the Zo is very low and I don't know
how to calculate it.

One of the things that I am unsure of is if we can really use a spice
gird simulation to analyze this problem. The field from one transmission
line would not interact with the near by transmission lines.

I am sorry for rambling, but I don't have a PhD in electromagnetics.

Best regards,

John

=20

---------------------------------------
The information in this email and attachments hereto may contain legally =
privileged, proprietary or confidential information that is intended for =
a particular recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the =
employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the =
intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, =
copying, distribution, retention or use of the contents of this e-mail =
information is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to Takata =
customers or vendors, any information contained in this e-mail is =
subject to the terms and conditions in the governing contract, if =
applicable. If you have received this communication in error, please =
immediately notify us by return e-mail, permanently delete any =
electronic copies of this communication and destroy any paper copies.