[SI-LIST] S-parameter

  • From: "Srikanth" <srikanth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 21:42:30 +0530

Hi,

Have anyone worked on backplane analysis. I had the following questions with
regard to connector s-parameter models. I have received the s-parameter
connector model for 4 pair, 8 row connector models from Tyco.  This has 48
ports. My connector has 8 rows and 80 pins. I have the following questions
with regard to the model.

1.      How does the s-parameter model map to physical connector pins?
2.      There is a mention in the model file as BP and DC for the alternate
ports. Does this mean backplane and the daughter card?
3.      This is a differential pair HMZD connector, how do we represent the
s-parameter model for differential connector electrically?

Can anyone help me out there, or suggest any materials to refer in
understanding the connector s-parameter models.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Srikanth

List FAQ wiki page is located at: