[SI-LIST] Re: Skew and Jitter

  • From: "Clewell, Craig" <cclewell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:47:46 -0500

Scott,

Could you clarify something for me from your last e-mail....

You mentioned that you create IBIS files from SPICE files and that they
correlate well, but then mention that flaws become apparent from lossy line,
package, via and connector SPICE models.  Are you saying that SPICE modeling
is not valid for these structures?

Also, could you be more specific on the severe flaws that you have found in
these types of models you mentioned and how they impede accurate system
simulations.

I am also interested in understanding how the finished IBIS file reveals
flaws in simulation tools?

I'm not trying to be a Richard Head here, but just trying to understand what
you are saying.

Best Regards,

Craig