[SI-LIST] Re: Should the signals always return back through GND

  • From: <art_porter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nikitanivan@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:48:39 -0600

Signals don't "know" anything. Like water following gravity, current =
(more precisely fields) will always take the easiest path. But indeed =
Kirchoff assures us the loop always has to complete at some point. Your =
task as a designer is to "think like an electron" (or more precisely =
"think like an EM wave") and make it go where you want it to go. =
"Ground" is a very convenient fantasy invented by engineers to simplify =
life, but there's really no such thing. =20

Art Porter =20