[SI-LIST] Senior SI Positions with TI in Austin

  • From: Brian Young <brian.young@xxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:11:35 -0500

Texas Instruments is seeking senior signal integrity
engineers to join a small highly-skilled team in its
new Austin Design Center.  The positions are unique
in offering job responsibilities in signal integrity,
circuit design, and package modeling.

Principal Duties:

Perform signal integrity studies on high-speed single-
ended and differential buses to derive constraints
on circuit design.  Design high-speed single-ended
and differential drivers and receivers.  Model packages
for internal and external use.  Develop high-speed
package design guidelines.  Develop high-speed
circuit, signal integrity, modeling, and validation
techniques and tools.  Interface with customers to
develop and prove high-performance interface solutions
across the entire signal path: circuit, package, and PCB.

Skills:

Solid knowledge of signal integrity issues (eye
diagrams, jitter, ISI, crosstalk, SSN, DDR, etc.);
extensive Spice experience; knowledge of I/O circuit
topologies, including current-steering differential
circuits; knowledge of I/O signaling standards (HSTL,
SSTL, LVDS, etc.); knowledge of CMOS circuit design
principles; knowledge of SERDES, pre-emphasis, and
equalization a plus; strong in fundamentals of
transmission line theory and electromagnetics;
experience with electromagnetic simulation; knowledge
of S-parameters and multiport networks; lab experience
with the  vector network analyzer a plus; programming
proficiency in at least one language.

Prefer MS/PhD with significant publication and/or patent
activity.  10+ years experience in a high-speed
signaling field.  Candidates with strong backgrounds
in two of the three primary technical areas are invited
to apply.  The postions are in Austin, Texas.

Texas Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Direct all inquiries to me.  All resumes need to copy
Signal@xxxxxxxxxxx, and include AISIGNAL in the
subject line.  I will address any correspondence after
EPEP next week.

Best Regards,

Brian Young

* Brian Young                    Texas Instruments *
* 512-347-1819 (work)         Austin Design Center *
* 512-468-5410 (cell)           brian.young@xxxxxx *

List archives are viewable at: