[SI-LIST] Re: SMA for launching 5-10Gbs signals

  • From: ray_waugh@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:28:12 -0600

Drew...

You would have to be pretty muscular to pull these end-launchers from a board.
With two ground fingers soldered to the top ground pads and two soldered to the
bottom ground plane, they are very solidly attached to the board.  I would
guess that a hundred pounds or more of force would be required to break one off.

Ray Waugh
Agilent Technologies