[SI-LIST] SMA connectors

  • From: Bob Patel <whizplayer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si_list <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 09:35:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!
A while back there were posts on SMA connectors being
used and how to minmize the discontinuity and there
were couple of suggestions.
I recently worked with a design and used different SMA
connectors with different center pin diameter.
The SMA connector with 0.3mm i.e. 12mil(costly)  is
very good and is made by Rosenberger but when using
this connector don't remove the non-functional pads
around the center pin & try to keep the antipad
diameter samll. THis is because the thin center pin is
inductive & need to add C to compensate it. I removed
C and ended up with SMA too inductive.
The regular SMA connector with 1.27mm pin is
okay(cheap)and here you remove the non-functional pads
on the center pin and increase the antipad size. This
helped me as I gained 10ohms by using this approach.
Bob

List archives are viewable at: