[SI-LIST] [SI-LIST]: PCIE3 Tx Coefficients & Compliance testing

  • From: vinod ah <ah.vinod@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SI-LIST <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 09:16:28 +0530

Hi All,
I was doing PCIe3 Tx compliance for Add-in card. I see that there are 11
presets P0 to P10 to be measured.

But there are 42 coefficients (C-1, C0, C+1) possible on Tx which is
requested by Rx on auto-negotiations in real system with Root complex and
End point.

Also i see that there is +-1dB tolerance on De-emphasis & Pre-cursors on
Presets defined which will cover more coefficients, but not all 42
coefficients.

So is there any reason to cover only Presets, but not all coefficients in
Tx compliance testing.

Regards
Vinod A H

List forum is accessible at: