[SI-LIST] Regarding postings to si-list

  • From: "Rich Peyton" <p2rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'SI Newsgroup'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:45:13 -0500

Hey SI-Pals !!

Here's an observation:

I guess I've been a member of this list for a couple of years now and
consider myself a newbie in the world of SI.  I stumbled upon this list and
subscribed, I found the discussions very interesting and informative.  It is
of great use to hear both sides of the story when it comes to areas that
there is a fine line between right and wrong.  So anyways --- I'll get to
the point---- I've been noticing allot of "unsubscribe" emails coming into
the list.  Why?

I have noticed a change in allot of postings that are not technically
related to SI, which are bringing in allot of personal feelings and/or
subjects not related to the purpose of this List which is the better
understanding of "Signal Integrity" for "ALL" not matter who,what,where,&
EXPERIENCE.  Besides non-related SI subjects, I sense a lot of manipulation
of postings thru name calling or bullying which often ceases a good issue
that provides input from both sides of the spectrum.

Can we all just step back and remind ourselves the purpose of this list
------- Better understanding, and others helpful knowledge of Signal
Integrity!
I don't think this List was started for some people to push a subject & to
inform everyone else on the list how much smarter they are than another
poster.  I'd like to hear from all, and based upon the information provided,
form my own opinion, not by someone who is dead set in their ways!

Lets get Professional, and as Ray A stated before, there are other
newsgroups for such things --- !

Preaching done --- no replies needed :-)

List technical documents are available at:
                http:/www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: