[SI-LIST] Re: Rectangular patterns on Toplayer.

  • From: cadpro2k@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "si-list" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 08:50:53 -0800

Hi Ismail,

This is simply "added copper" to the outer board layers to ensure a
consistant plating thickness across the surface of the boards. This is
generally added by the fabrication house, without cost, to provide them
better quality. Generally there is no problems associated with the
practice, as long as the fab shop has guidance regarding how close to
"features" they can get, but there are some times issues. This is
definitely NOT a practice for RF designs.

Good day.

Mitch