[SI-LIST] Re: Recommendation for high-speed digital input pro tection?

  • From: Geoff Stokes <gstokes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 10:12:43 +0100

Roman (or is this from Mr Nicholls?)

I think if you have an input connection carrying such a fast signal, it
should be correctly terminated in say 50 to 100 ohms direct to ground.  ESD
is then no problem.  [You might want to protect against lightning, but at
high frequencies that requires a spark device.]  You cannot add any
component with significant capacitance to a broadband (untuned) signal, as
you can't usually tune it out, except maybe produce some peaking near the
band edge with a series inductance.

Is the signal a 1.8GHz clocked logic signal?  Or does it have some amplitude
modulation?

Geoff

//www.freelists.org/archives/si-list=20

                                 http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu=20
 =20

List archives are viewable at:

List archives are viewable at:

Zetex Semiconductors - Solutions for an analog world

http://www.zetex.com

E-MAILS are susceptible to interference.  You should not assume that
the contents originated from the sender or the Zetex Group or that they
have been accurately reproduced from their original form.
Zetex accepts no responsibility for information, errors or omissions in
this e-mail nor for its use or misuse nor for any act committed or
omitted in connection with this communication.
If in doubt, please verify the authenticity with the sender.

List archives are viewable at: