[SI-LIST] Re: Question about VGA termination

  • From: "Joel Brown" <joel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <olaney@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:04:23 -0700

Orin,

After reading your explanation its making sense. I am thinking they wanted
to use 50 ohms because it is difficult to fabricate 75 ohms with a typical
motherboard stackup. Also the passive filter at the connector may reduce the
spikes due to the reflections you referred to although I think the main
purpose of the filter is to bandwidth limit the signal for EMI reasons. Also
the filter has some bulk L-R-C values that I am sure mess with the
impedance. Thanks for the help.

Joel

  _____