[SI-LIST] Power module

  • From: Rahul Rajendran <6rahulrajendran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 10:48:33 +0530

Hi,
 I have to choose some power modules for my board. My point is when ever i
have looked up boards they have used power modules with more current than
the maximum current requirement for the target module. Say for example , If
i want provide a module for RAM , DDR3 UDIMM , the typical ratings are 1.5
V and 3 A. But the modules used have been designed to give more current.
Can some one give a reason for this over design. And how much percentage
should we over estimate the max current value

Rahul R

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: