[SI-LIST] Re: Power Supply Distribution/Filtering/DecouplingGuide

  • From: Zhangkun <zhang_kun@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 20:06:52 +0800

Dear Scott:

I have read you mail. There are a lot of good questions about power integrity
at PCB level. The following is my comment.

In the DesignCon2004, we (Cadence and Huawei) will propose one paper about the
effect of antipad and via on power integrity at PCB level. According to our
experience, there is no serious effect when there are a lot of caps on the
board.

In the other hand, there is important relationship between EMI and PI at PCB
level. Lowering the power ground noise not only could provide silent power
supply to IC, but also could reduce the EMI.

About the simulation and measurement of power integrity, I think there could be
great result.

Best Regards

Zhangkun
2004.1.8