[SI-LIST] Re: Phase Noise Measurment

  • From: "Nirmale G" <Nirmale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 23:42:01 +0530

Hi Ashish,

1.  Use the SA(spectrum Analyzer) and capture the plots using the phase
noise utility in SA (if Your SA has this option) , this can be done manual
or you can automate for different channels to capture the screen of SA.

2. Capture the sample points of SA (e.g : 401 points for E4404B) and plot
them ,  calculate the dBc at required offset. This also can be automated for
different channels.

Not sure if Multi channel equipments are available to capture the Phase
noise, try to route the single channel towards equipment using combiner and
one at time. I am sure this can also be controlled/automated.

Regard
Nirmale G
Sr Staff Engineer