[SI-LIST] Re: Package Resonance

  • From: Dan Swanson <DSWANSON@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'cnepsc@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <cnepsc@xxxxxxxxxxx>,si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 07:46:08 -0400

Neeraj,

Two excellent articles that I can recommend.

"A Circuit Topology for Microwave Modeling of
Plastic Surface Mount Packages"
R. W. Jackson   MTT Trans  July 1996

"Microwave Circuit Modeling of High Lead-Count
Plastic Packages"
R. W. Jackson    MTT Trans  Oct 1997

These show you how to build a very flexible
circuit model of the package, then you can
add your chip model to it. He demonstrates how
the relationship between signal pin and ground
pin locations can have a big impact on results.

Dan

Dan Swanson             EMAIL:  d.swanson@xxxxxxxx
Forem USA                       PHONE:          978-834-4085
37 South Hunt Road      FAX:    978-388-7077
Amesbury, MA  01913

List archives are viewable at: