[SI-LIST] Re: PI Simulations in Hyperlynx

  • From: Craig Harabedian <charabed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 14:15:35 -0600

Ravi,
    I can guarantee that you will need some decoupling capacitors
especially if you are using an FPGA. The FPGA vendor should have
documents with recommendations (size, distance, capacitance, etc.) on
how to decouple the FPGA. Altera has a really nice spreadsheet based
calculator for their FPGA's decoupling network. Xilinx has some great
documents detailing the calculations involved.

-Craig Harabedian

On 3/6/2013 1:59 PM, Grasso, Charles wrote:
> Please contact their applications engineers.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: