[SI-LIST] Re: PCIe DCD / Jitter simulation

  • From: Joseph.Schachner@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:36:09 -0400

Re: "frequency dependent loss in the signal band will give you
pattern dependent distortion, IE DCD."

I know there can be disagreement about the way these abbreviations are
used.  So let me just add what I have run into:

DCD = Duty Cycle Distortion.   May not be pattern dependent.
ISI = Intersymbol Interference.  Due to the data pattern.
DDJ = Data Dependent Jitter = DCD + ISI

And, for completeness, some other acronyms:
PJ = periodic jitter, not correlated to the data
BUJ = Bounded Uncorrelated Jitter. (in PCIe Gen3 spec called "Uncorrelated
DJ").
DJ = DDJ + Bounded Uncorrelated Jitter

--- Joe S.

List technical documents are available at: