[SI-LIST] Re: PCI at 66 Mhz

  • From: "Ingraham, Andrew" <Andrew.Ingraham@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SI <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 12:01:41 -0400

>   It would
> appear that I would need to use a 66MHz PCI bus to achieve this, which
> limits me to only one other card in the PC.

I think it is fairly common to combine the 1- or 2-slot 66 MHz bus with a 33
MHz PCI bus in the same box, so you are not limited to only one other PCI
card.

Even if a 66 MHz PCI bus could support 4 cards, you might not want to do it
that way if one or more of your cards consume lots of bandwidth.  Better to
spread them out over more than one PCI bus so you don't saturate the bus.

Andy