[SI-LIST] PCB trace resonances

  • From: Doug Smith <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emc-pstc <emc-pstc@xxxxxxxx>, SI-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 10:25:45 -0700

Hi All,

I am a little late this month on my Technical Tidbit because of intensive
travel. But I am almost caught up now.

The Technical Tidbits are written to be able to be read in a few minutes and
stimulate thought. I am interested if anyone on the list has tried a test
like the one below and what the results were and if any problems avoided.

This month's Technical Titbit:

Technical Tidbit - April 2008[1]
Measuring Structural Resonances - Part 2, Printed Wiring Board Traces
(A Simple Technique for Determining the Resonant Frequencies of a PWB Trace)

Abstract: Using a shielded magnetic loop to measure the resonant frequencies
of printed wiring board (PWB) traces can be a useful tool in scanning a PWB
for potential problems as part of an overall evaluation of a board. A method
of doing this along with an example are given.

The link to the most recent Technical Tidbit (this one at the moment) is
always the picture at the bottom of my main page at http://emcesd.com[2]

Doug
Smith \ / ) P.O. Box 1457 ========= Los Gatos, CA 95031-1457 _ / \ / \ _
TEL/FAX: 408-356-4186/358-3799 / /\ \ ] / /\ \ Mobile: 408-858-4528 |
q-----() | o | Email: doug@xxxxxxxxxx[3] \ _ / ] \ _ / Web:
http://www.dsmith.org[4]

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net