[SI-LIST] Re: Number of points for your VNA

  • From: "FU, Yejun" <yfu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 09:32:14 -0500

Hello Scott:
                I think it only takes about 2 rounds trip to dissipate not 4
rounds, which is more easy to understand as from point view of phrase aliasing.
To avoid it, you have to make sure your phase rotating is less than 180 degrees
between your two adjacent frequency points.

                          Phase Theta¾ta*L   here, beta=2Pi/lambda,
lambda=c/[f*sqrt(dielectric constant)],

phase variation, delta Theta, must less than Pi (180).

Then, combine all above relations then you will have:

                      Delta f < 1/[2*L* propagation delay]

So it is 2L

Johnny