[SI-LIST] Re: Not SI - Thermals!!

  • From: Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <s.shimko@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 11:34:01 -0400

Don't you need capacitance to model thermal transient response, as opposed
to steady state.

Scott McMorrow
Consultant - R&D
Teraspeed Consulting - A Division of Samtec
16 Stormy Brook Rd
Falmouth, ME 04105
(401) 284-1827 Business
http://www.teraspeed.com

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 11:21 AM, Shimko, Steve (ES) <s.shimko@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

I have not seen a capacitor symbol used in the thermal models, but that
does not mean that there are not capacitive like effects that occur,
especially during thermal transients (such as when first turning on).

Steve