[SI-LIST] Re: Modeling and measurement of power distribution system

  • From: "Dima Smolyansky" <Dima.Smolyansky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fzanella@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Tegan.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 14:55:34 -0800

Guys,

I would like to point out an appnote that we did based on Istvan's work,
available on our web site:
Simple Approach to Modeling of Power Delivery Networks and Components.
http://www.tdasystems.com/library/appnotes/PDNA-0703.pdf
This work is based on TDR, and it is a modeling procedure.

If one wants to analyze the resonances of the power plane, and the effect of
decoupling caps on those resonances, VNA is the way to go, however. And, if
one wants to create an accurate model of a VNA-based measurement, TDA's
MeasureXtractor quite easily.

Thanks,

Dima Smolyansky
TDA Systems, Inc.